Monday, January 14, 2008

First Sewing Attempt









This weekend I, Nicole, learned how to use my sewing machine. It is so much fun, I am hooked! I made three baby burp cloths, two fabric headbands, a crafting/sewing apron, and I attempted to make an "M" shaped pillow and a bunny. The pillow and Bunny didn't turn out very good, but like I said I am learning. I want to just make and make things...I just love it. I was looking on other blogs and found a website that is like ebay only for homemade items. It is called etsy.com and I have it as a link on my blog. When you sign up to sell on this site, it gives you your own web page store...I am so excited to get started and see if my things can sell. I am looking for some great patterns and fun things to make...if you have any that you have tried and enjoyed please share with me.

2 comments:

Erin said...

So Cute. I love the burp cloths. So are you going to come over and show me how to use mine now. :)

Adrienne said...

So fun. I love sewing I just don't have the room to do it. Someday I will get a space of my own and be able to sew & scrap as I want. Very cute. Keep trying and you will get the hang of it quickly.