Tuesday, June 3, 2008

THE Big Day


Last Friday was the day we were all going to Disneyland. It was so much fun. The kids were so excited, when I told them. They started yelling and picking each other up....and going a bit crazy. I got all the girls matching Ariel shirts and all the boys Pirates of the Caribbean hats. They were all so cute.
We all managed to stay together for most of the day. I was really surprised about this because I thought the boys would want to do things opposite of the girls...but no, it turns out we are just one big happy family. We rode Star Tours first, just to get our feet wet. After that we went on space mountain, jungle tour...took a break for lunch...pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones(which was a huge hit) and then Splash Mountain. Some people left and others ventured off on their own, and a group of us went to California Adventure. We went on Soaring over Cali and Tower of Terror....they were so excited for the Tower of Terror, which surprised me. I was the only one out of all the kids and parents that had ever been on it before, so I was trying to explain it to them. One mother and daughter opted out and went shopping instead...the rest of us were up for the challenge. Three students and four adults rode that ride. When the kids got off, they wanted to go right back on, they LOVED it!


I was so so spent after that, I had to call it a day...my puppies were barking! It was the best day ever, and I am soooooo sad that the Disneyland day has come and gone....I want to do it again! I miss that day already. I missed it once I got in my car and headed home....fine, I'll admit it, I shed a few tears....actually sobbed like a newborn on the way home. What a day!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh man, that looked like so much fun, sorry the day ended in tears!