Praise God for His Perfect Timing
After reading in Acts 1 today, I came across a verse that spoke loudly to me.
“It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.”
Acts 1:7
There have been many times in my life where I have wanted a certain timeline of events to happen and low and behold, they were drastically changed to the opposite. For example, I wanted a short engagement, like four months…well, the Lord blessed us with a 13 month engagement and I am really happy He did, even though it was very difficult to wait that long. I have always wanted to be a young mom, and to me that would mean 23 or 24…well I just turned 25 and we are not there just yet. When I lost my job at Creekside Christian School, I wanted to find another teaching job right away; I was worried and stressed about where to look. A very wise co-teacher told me that maybe I should just wait on the Lord, just stop, sit, pray and wait. That was not my first thought, although I wish it were. So, for two months, I sat, waited and prayed, without looking for another job. Sure enough, the Lord opened a door and all I had to do was walk right through.
The Lord is soooo marvelous and timely. He knows moment by moment what is right and what will happen. I have learned to sit and wait when the time calls for it. I have grown so much in this small little detail that I want to share that with everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment