
Can you guess which ice cream I chose from the two options in the title??
This week I had the privilege of taking one of my former students out to ice cream. We had a lot of fun, He was so sweet! He even picked up my finished ice cream cup and threw it away for me. Mind you this former student is only in second grade...Good job raising you kids mom! Ethan and I sat in Baskin Robbins and enjoyed our ice cream while talking about his new school and his new friends.
I LOVED Teaching!! Just adored the position, and Ethan was in my first grade class last year with five other students, three girls and three boys. Perfect! But, the spotlight is on Ethan today. He is such a sweet hearted boy. He was definitely the man of the classroom, that's for sure. He always took care of us in class, especially the girls. He would organize the bookshelf without me asking or even me complimenting him. He would always be one step ahead of us girls, even with his peers. For example, He would pull a chair over for one of the girls before she even thought of it. He would always give up his spot in line for someone. He would ALWAYS tell me the truth, even if it meant he would get a consequence. He is a great student and a wonderful person. God truly has a special, special plan for his life, and it's amazing to see the wonderful traits the Lord has put in him.
He wasn't the only amazing boy in our class. The other two are so loving and caring, just like Ethan. I can't even describe all the moments we had in class together, not just learning new concepts, but learning how to treat others and how to show God's love to each other. The boys were really the boys of the classroom. Us girls, we were super girly as well. Especially if there were any bugs in the classrooms...oh gosh....I wasn't a very brave teacher. But the boys stepped up and took charge.
It was such a great experience, I feel so privileged to have met these kids and their unbelievable families.
3 comments:
I'm jealous that you got to have ice cream with Ethan! Lucky teacher!
oh btw my guess is you had the pumpkin pie ice cream and Ethan had the Double choclate fudge!!!!!
What's sad is I remember having his older brother in my second grade class at Cornerstone... makes me want to cry. Aren't those DePriest boys the sweetest??
Post a Comment