Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Welcome to our Bookshelf

I always like to know what the inside of people's houses look like, don't you?

I especially like to know what other bloggers craft rooms and homes look like. Especially here! This lady is amazing...I love all the things in her craft room...its beautiful. Her dogs name is waffle, isn't that cute?! You really wont want to look at anything else once you have seen her craft room. I am not an a-symmetrical type of gal, I like color and textures and mess...well maybe not a ton of mess, although that can be argued by the look of my house on most days.


I took some pictures of one of my favorite things in our house, our living room bookshelf. We really like this space for it and all the things displayed are memorable to us.


Let's start here...our movies! We got rid of Directv recently, which means movies are in quite often. I love the sappy girly, good-hearted, make you think there's goodness in the world, type of movies. Daniel likes thinking movies, thrillers and even a little horror... I don't watch those with him ever. HE will, however watch all of my girly movies without too much complaining...He's a good one, I tell ya!


One of my favorite pictures of us. Ever. This is minutes after we got married, we had just walked back down the aisle and into the little room. We were going crazy...and then our photographer stops us for some very unique shots. I love this picture Mucho Mucho!
This little number was done by my little big brother...i call him that because he is 5 1/2 years younger than me, but also a foot and 2 inches taller than me at 6'3". He is amazing. He did this for us after we got married. I love his art and we have it all over our house.

SHhhhhh.... Do you know what those are? Maybe it's best if I don't encourage this behavior. What behavior you might ask? The reading-twilight-books-back-to-back behavior. Yes, those are my secret stash of twilight books. I am a closet twilight fan, but not an over obsessed, Edward-loving, vampire admiring, wishing I were a Cullen type of fan. I just really enjoyed the story and the movie. If you can maintain that type of attitude towards this fictional story...by all means, enjoy. Because you will!
Our diplomas!! WOOT! Daniel's is adorned with all of his ropes and awards and accomplishments and mine has a beautiful white tassel. Daniel is a very smart man. He was Summa Cum Laude and graduated with Honors and received this award and that award, and is always asked to be on panels...yes, they like him over there at CSUF. At least my tassel is a beautiful, pure white and his is a pukey peach.


Oh this is a tifecta of important things...You have our wedding unity sand. We did a great job mixing evenly, considering we were STANDING AT THE ALTER GETTING MARRIED. Next to that you have one of our favors from our wedding, a box with a yummy smelling tea light candle. I would have hated for our guests to have ate their favor while sitting at the table. The black statue is of a man and woman holding hands and it looks like they are praying, or at least that's what we say. We got it on our honeymoon in Cancun!!! It made it all the way back without breaking...not bad at all. I love that statue...its so pretty.



A variety of pictures of friends and family that are so dear to us. We love them all and we know they love us too.

No comments: