Tuesday, November 2, 2010

5 Minute Face

Do you like make up?

To me, It's ok. I just have enough to get by and nothing really fancy. My 5 minute face consists of:

1. Apply Bare Minerals powder.
2. Apply a thin line of brown eye liner to the top lid and a thin line to the bottom lash line but stopping half way.
3. Apply one shadow (usually a shimmery brownish), curl eyelashes.
4. Apply mascara and run a finger over it once.

AND DONE.

I use this method when going out for the day to MOPS or bible study or shopping or lunch. If I am meeting a friend this is the face I use.

If I am home all day and just visit my sweet neighbor Annie, I usually just apply number 1. or nothing at all, sometimes (most times) I don't even brush my hair.

But, my friend Kate, she LOVES make up, it is so fun to her. She loves to do the fun eye shadow and liner and let me tell you she ROCKS it!

So for her bday, I made her a makeup brush holder. First attempt and I am pleased. She really liked it as well because it's washable. A must for make up brushes.
Used, Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane fabric. Love that line.
I also used an elastic headband and a button.
I think I like it. I'm gonna make some more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of quick things-
1) I am so totally jealous of your creativity and handiness with a sewing machine.
2) You look great!
3) Love the new look on the blog and I put your button on mine.
4) I'm so happy you and Daniel were able to get away recently! Woohoo for happy times with the hubs!

Kristen said...

So cute! Good job! I love it.

Kate Coogan said...

I love my brush holder!!! All my brushes are in it right now!

Anonymous said...

What an ADORABLE idea! Perfect for the holidays!