Friday, December 10, 2010

Dollar Tree Wreath Craft


I meant to do this wreath for Thanksgiving time, but.... that's obviously come and gone.

Here is a simple, pretty, cheap Christmas wreath for you. A tutorial:

Here are your supplies:
One foam wreath
One 4 yard spool of your choice colored ribbon, I like the 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick
One other type of ribbon, your choice in size and color.
3-4 different colors of felt
some jewels and gems
Glue Gun

I had to buy the wreath foam and one spool of ribbon. I got these at the Dollar Tree, so this wreath cost me $2 to make. Score!

Take the thick ribbon and glue one end to the back of wreath, and start wrapping the ribbon around tightly.
Here is what it looks like done:
Take the second ribbon you chose and glue one end on the back and start wrapping around, but just as tight and spaced out.


Now to work on the felt flowers. Cut strips of felt, about one inch thick and as long as you want. I cute, three strips of each color.

The felt flowers I rolled start like this. Rolling the beginning, then wrapping and twisting around and around

Just twist the felt as you wrap it around the center. Once to the end, I usually stick a pin through the whole thing.
Another way you could do it, is just twisting the felt strip and wrapping it around itself. This is good for a short strip. The lighter green flower in the back is twisted and wrapped.

Start gluing the flowers on the side of the wreath in a random sequence. When gluing make sure you get all of the bottom of the flower glued on the wreath so the flower doesn't unwrap.

Keep gluing. I made some small felt leaves and glued those on.
I also added some jewely bling to some spots.

Attach another ribbon at the top center for hanging on your door. and Ta Da. a $2 wreath!


Thanks for reading! I really enjoyed doing this fun and fast Christmas wreath. I hope I inspired you to make one of your own.

3 comments:

Jessica Jacobs said...

Cute! I love it, and I love reading your blog, keep posting!!

Anonymous said...

This is right up my alley! And the price? My hubs will be thrilled :)

Sara said...

Oh my gosh! That is so cute!!!