Thursday, December 23, 2010

Stockings

Tomorrow we can say, Tomorrow is Christmas.

I have said that line for Christmas ever since I can remember.
This Christmas is especially exciting for us. Kins is almost 7 months old and I cannot wait for her to see all our family.

I adore Christmas time. As a kid, it was my absolute most favorite time of year. My parents made it super fun and festive. We decorated, got a tree, my dad pulled out his train, we looked at Christmas lights, we watched Christmas movies and saw a lot of family. Growing up I did believe in Santa, but I can't remember when I realized he wasn't real. Whenever it was, it didn't hurt me emotionally.

We have started some traditions with Kins. We are starting her on her own ornament collection, its a series from Hallmark that started this year...and the ornaments are CUPCAKES!! How fun is that?

I made her Christmas Stocking this year and it was super fun and I am so in love with it. Check it!
I just love the colorful fabric for Christmas. I also made her a dress out of that fabric. She wore it to take pictures it Santa. I love how the K is so formal on the funky fabric.

These are our stockings we got a couple of years ago in an after Christmas Sale at Cost Plus World Market. They were like $1.

Just for the record-- We probably won't do "santa" with Kins. We probably won't try and pretend that Santa brings presents. I grew up believeing in Santa and Daniel grew up not. We both turned out fine, but we really want Kins to grow up knowing the real meaning of Christmas over associating it with Santa. That's our family and we don't judge what you do with yours.

No comments: