Thursday, January 20, 2011

Club Sherwood

This is my Sherwood crew.
We all lived together in the later part of my college years.
We shared a four bedroom, two bath house.
We call ourselves Club Sherwood because the street we lived on was Sherwood Ave.
These were some of the best years of my life.
We grew so close and became such good friends, that most of us were in each others weddings.
I shared a room with Kate (the bombshell next to me in the black)
We have so many hilarious stories-- to die. hilarious.
We held bible studies in our home, made dinner together, went on boba runs, watch and killed (by killed, I mean they would watch one movie over and over again until I began to hate it and dread the theme music) many movies over and over again.
We cuddled, shared secrets, encouraged and loved one another with our whole heart.

A story from Club Sherwood:

It was a super loud and stormy night... like the thunder was directly above our house and it was LOUD. It was the middle of the night so we were all sleeping when the thunder started to crack and Kate shoots up in bed and says, "Nicole, can I come in your bed." I said, "of course"
.... so we laid there and cuddled under my covers... just then, Jessica pops in our room and very sleepily says "Nicole, the power is out, you need to set another alarm so you don't miss work in the morning."
This is what she was thinking in the middle of the night.... not me... I was thinking that a robber was going to break into our house. It would be a smart time to break in because the thunder was so loud you wouldn't be able to hear a window break. I shared this theory with everyone and they all laughed, but Kate and I got even more scared.
Then Sara comes in to our room and says, "ahhh, you guys this is nothing, you should hear the thunder in Belize." Random... but ok. And I believe Becky slept through the whole ordeal. That girl can sleep!

So that is our funny, middle of the night, thunder storm story... maybe it's not that funny to you, but I really can't portray everyones sleepy voices and discombobulated hair.

Anyways, these are my girls.
My life would not be the same without them. Nor this joyful.
The Lord puts people in our lives for many reasons. I am so blessed by each one of these unique girls. They have each been there for me through it all and will continue to be. I pray you have a group of girlfriends that will see you through. That will pray for you, encourage you, love you, uplift you, and be real with you.


Side note-- Don't you just love this cowl. Its a teal color and I adore it. I don't know if I can give this one up and put it in my shop. I LOVE IT. It's called Tide pool.

1 comment:

Ashlee @ Growing Up A Thomas said...

Love the blog and love the cowls!!! I may need one soon... also you should start making more cute boy stuff. (Boy stuff that's cute and fashionable is hard to come by!)

I added your blog to my google reader - here is my blog if you want to check it out...

www.growingupathomas.blogspot.com

Can't wait to be back in MHMH on Thursdays - only 2 more months!!!