I love this handmade community I am apart of.
I love it and enjoy it very much.
I also get overwhelmed by it and feel like I can't keep up at times.
There is so much competition in the handmade world, so much love and support, so many opportunities to share your heart with a perfect strangers, and so many ways for your heart to be hurt.
As I have seen, the handmade community consists of four forms of communication, a blog, twitter, facebook and your handmade shop. To be honest, blogging can overwhelm me... I start to analyze what I am writing and why I am writing it and would anyone really want to read it and am I being myself or am I just trying to please and how many followers do I have..blah blah blah. Blogging is a love/hate relationship, I truly enjoy it, but does it come easily, NO.
Twitter is fun. I get to keep up with my local friends on an hour by hour basis as well as meet new friends. Again, this can overwhelm me to the point of my heart beating a little faster. I want to be liked on twitter, I want to be known. I want people to respond and when they don't, I revert back to my high school days of being shunned by the gorgeous, 5'10" blond bombshell. When in reality, maybe they just didn't have anything to say or have so many responses that THEY can't keep up. Insecurity is an evil step brother that I try hard to ignore.
As much as twitter can be difficult, I love it, I love meeting these sweet ladies that love handmade like I do, that will pray for me when I ask for it, and will send me encouraging words when I need it. I love to see what their lives are like on the east coast or the midwest. I love the ladies that I talk to almost daily.
It is a daily effort to weed out the negative and take in all the good that handmade has to offer. I have resolved to say that I will do as much as I can do for today, and that is good enough. I will create what I want to create. I will write and be real on my blog, I will share my failures, my accomplishments, my energy and my struggles. I will talk to those sweet ladies and encourage as much as I can. I will not be caught up in the thought of what others are doing or what they feel I should be doing.
I will sew. I will love fabric. I will adore turquoise. I will try new things. I will put my family first and my relationship with Christ will not suffer. I encourage you to do the same and not worry about what others are doing or saying... just bat an eye and smile!
4 comments:
sweet nicole, you are sooo not alone in this. happens to ALL of us, promise. hang in there, and be yourself. YOU ARE ENOUGH. xoxo
I may not be in this handmade world, (You are and your AMAZING) but this has been on my heart and mind A LOT lately! Your words are perfect, and I thank you for sharing each and every one of them. Ive started to write so many blogs that say such things, then I delete, because Im AFRAID of what people are going to say. When all I should be caring about is if Im glorifying my Savior in my acts. Your an amazing beautiful person, and Im so happy that I have met you! Your honest your genuine and the cutest person ever!
I don't have a crafty bone in my entire body, but if I did, I'd like to think that I would make super cute things like you and Kristen. I love seeing all of the beautiful things you create and glimpses you give of your everyday life. Your words and your creations are beautiful.
I love this post...thank you for your honestly & your heart. You are so talented with sewing & making things...keep up the good work! And, you a great mommy & role model to your sweet daughter....she is blessed to have you as a mommy! I am thankful for YOU...keep being who you are! :)
Post a Comment