But first, a little update on the Love Dare book: It's going great. The daily reading is amazing and is so something that I need to read about 100 times through out the day. I would definitely recommend it. I am on day 5 and yesterday the topic was Love is thoughtful, i think. Looks like I need to go back and read.
I digress...
On the the tutorial!
Materials:
Four different fabrics or scrapbook paper
two or three different colored felt sheets
scissors
card stock
one big circle and one smaller circle
ribbon or binding
Step 1: Trace your large circle on to the card stock and cut out.
Step 2: Fold large circle in half.
.
Step 3: Choose which fabric you want as the background fabric. This fabric will be on each scallop. Once done so, cute out 10 half circles. You could cut out five whole circles then cut those in half or you could fold the fabric accordion style like we did in the other tutorial. Either way, 10 half circles.
Step 4: Trace smaller circle onto card stock and cut out.
Step 5: The three other fabrics you chose will be the top layer of the scallop. You also need 10 of the smaller half circles. You could use only two fabrics and cut out 5 half circles each or you could divide the 10 half circles among the three fabrics, it wont be even, but your bunting will have more variety.
Step 6: Cut out 10 felt hearts, 5 of each color. I like to fold the felt in half, pin then cut the heart on the fold and free hand it. I like all the hearts being different sizes.
Here are all your cut out shapes.
Step 7: Pin the different front layered fabric onto the back panel fabric, like pictured above.
Step 8: Start sewing the pieces to the binding or ribbon. I like to put the scallop portion under the binding. You can first pin it all together, but I like to skip that step and just put the scallops under the binding as we sew.
Step 9: Layer a heart on top of the binding after you have sewn the first scallop.
Step 10: Repeat alternating the scallop and the heart while you continuously sew to the binding.
And you're done! Beautiful!
I Love how it turned out. So much fun! Feel free to make this your own by using different colors and even leaving the felt hearts out. You can make this for a babies room or birthday parties. You could also make this with paper if you are not a sewer. Just hole punch the hearts and scallops and string through ribbon or string.
Thanks for playing along! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Stay tuned for tomorrows post on Love Languages! Cheow!!

2 comments:
So cute! Can't wait for tomorrows post. I'm loving this series!
Please add bunting to your store! Maybe the penant-style type?
Post a Comment