Thursday, April 14, 2011

Creative Estates- Handmade Market Booth

One of the reasons I was so excited to go to Arizona for Creative Estates was because I was able to have a booth in their handmade market. I love doing booths, the whole process of gearing up for a market is so much fun.

I wanted to share my booth with you. All photos were taken using my friend Kristen of Rock-A-Bow's camera! Thanks girlfriend.

I am such a nerd. Why did I stand like that. Oh well.  Here is the whole booth in one shot.

 The vinyl sign was was made from vistaprint.com.  I actually got it for free and just had to pay $11 for shipping.  It's 3 feet x 1.5 feet.  I highly recommend using this company.  They send you free coupons in an email almost daily.  This is also where I get my business cards printed, again for free...just have to pay for shipping.
The bunting was made for Kins room, i just grabbed it off the wall.  The pom-pom trim is vintage and was found at my local Goodwill for very cheap. I believe I got 26 yards for $5. Right? Total score of the year!

Left picture: Headbands, boy tie shirts, and shab flower shirts.
Middle picture: Shab Flower Pouches and Cowls-- The baskets that I used to hold some of the pouches were purchased, yet again, at the Goodwill.  I spray painted one turquoise and the other was already yellow.
Right picture: Leg Warmers-- The leg warmer compartment holder was actually this nasty fake wood, so I spray painted it antique white.  My dad found this and gave it to me.

Picture source
My husband made this beautiful fence. He did such an amazing job putting my scatterbrained details and explanations into an actual piece of usable background. He even painted it for me. He made it so I can fit it into my car and tote it around. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece. I am going to use it in everything..so let me know if you get tired of the turquoise fence...

Thank you to all who came for a visit and even purchased. It is such a compliment for someone to purchase an item that I made, I mean, I like what I make but for someone else to actually agree with me...that is a whole other story. So excited for the upcoming Queen Bee Market! I am feeling a little generous right now...so until Saturday {4/16} use coupon code CREATIVE for 30% off your entire purchase!
I am a sucker for a good deal! Enjoy!

10 comments:

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

How sweet is your husband? Love that he made and painted the fence for you! And you're not a dork - you're probably the cutest person I've ever seen (and funniest!) See you soon!!

Sara said...

Your booth looks fantastic Nico!!!!
Love you!
btw, I'm thinking for my next cowl I would like...... navy blue!

Erin Burns said...

So not a dork!
And your booth was the cutest BY FAR! Even cuter than mine.
;-) XO

CaseyWiegand said...

are you even kidding me, AMAZINGGGGGGGG

Bri said...

Your booth was SO cute! And you are so not a dork! I am so glad I was able to meet and hang out with you and your friends!

jacqui said...

you are the cutest! your booth looked awesome! i only wish there was a picture of you and kristen with your work gloves on carrying that awesome fence to the car! :)

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to meet you at CE! You are so sweet and talented. I just love the zippered pouch I got and I am kicking myself for not getting the indy blue cowl. Do you have any of those left? I am diggin the coupon and might have to pick one up, lol! Can I also tell you that I am totally in love with your booth display. It has inspired me to revamp mine for this summer. Keep up the great work!

Rebecca Cousins
rebecca at frecklescrafts dot com
http://www.frecklescrafts.com/blog

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i loved your booth, girl - and it was SUPER nice to meet you! i actually wished that i got to hang out with you more 'cause every time i did hang out with you, you were just so sweet!

have fun at the upcoming Queen Bee!!

CaseyWiegand said...

hey did u make your bunting?! love u! xoxo

ragamuffinbeauties said...

Yeah your booth was ca-razy cute, so cute I bought BOTH days...would've bought more, but ya know I had to eat too. LOVED meeting you! XO