Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Did Not Waste a Canvas

Apparently, I am not a painter.
I do not bring grace to a paintbrush.

This was realized at Creative Estates, during one of the craft workshops.

We were given a tiny canvas and some slight direction, but mostly the freedom to paint and create what we want. This lady came over and lovingly critiqued our amazing pieces. I knew she was wishing I lived on the island so she could hire my paintbrush when she gets too busy. HA!

Here is my "creative" work of art....Don't be jealous you don't have my skills.  I know you wish you could be as masterful as me, but I'm sure you're good at other things...

BAHAHHABBA! Let's exam, shall we?
Notice the "yellow" bunting... Don't you think I meant to be impatient and not wait for the background paint to dry BEFORE I painted on a much lighter color.... I meant to combine the turquoise and yellow to make that shade. It was on purpose. NOT. I went with it...

Also, take note of the letters...yes, those are letters, below the bunting... That says WELCOME...I promise, it says welcome, just take my word for it. It was a stencil. I did not hold the stencil in place like I should have...I lifted it up mid-brush to check it's progress... big mistake. Do not do that.

After WELCOME, I just stopped. It was embarrassing. This is a disgrace to all mankind...mankind of the crafting world. But, if you know me, I had to take it over to Lindsey to make her realize her competition and apologize for the future business I would be swindling away from her. I mean, she should watch out, because this lady has found a new calling. {cough cough cough, and if you don't already know, I'm Kidding. obvs.}

When I got home, this piece of art {ha} stayed in the garage until I couldn't stand it any longer.

RE-DO!
Step 1: Take, said artwork and lay it flat.
Step 2: Pour desired paint in container, locate brush and lay next to said artwork.
Step 3: Gracefully but aggressively attack the "artwork" until it is completely and utterly covered. Awwwww, even that is much better...

From horrid mess up to my type of canvas:


I like it. I did what I knew. I used, fabric, yarn, mod podge, ricrak... This is my medium. These are my tools. I adored writing SEW in yarn...that is fun and will be done again...somewhere.

So, the saga of a horrible waste of a canvas turns out great in the end... now, Lindsey can stop cringing. Thanks Doll!

5 comments:

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

You are amazeballs and I love it.

ragamuffinbeauties said...

This is exactly why I adore you! Your cheeky sense of humor is priceless. Look out Lindsay, Fabric Canvas Redo's are trending! PS I TOO love the sew in yarn = perfection!

amycornwell said...

That is so awesome!! You're so cute!

TessBenson said...

What an amazing and creative re-do! LOVE it!

CaseyWiegand said...

ah, im in love!!!!