Monday, April 11, 2011

The Unexpected Lessons of Creative Estates

I'm BAAACCCKKK.
Well, we drove back yesterday. I got to see my handsome husband and little babe and cried with pure joy. I love them so much.
So glad to come home to this little smooshy!
Ok, where do I start?
Creative Estates was magical.
It was so much more than I expected.
This was my first conference and I can see why people make it a priority to go to so many.
I met amazing like-minded women that I was able to form a friendship with.
I was able to learn how to better myself, my handmade shop and my blog.
I realized that I wasn't alone in so many struggles I face with handmade.
The women that I met and spent time with are now my life long friends. We were able to hold LONG conversations without skipping a beat. It was like we were reuniting after a long time away.

This week I am going to share with you what I learned at this conference.
But for now, here are some unexpected things I took away...

1. When going to a conference, where you will sit in seminars and learn, bring a notebook and pen! Essential. I failed

2. Always watch where you are walking or you might accidentally run head on into another blogger. (thankfully, I turned at the last second so I could demonstrate my superhero-like reflexes and dodge the unsuspecting victim)

3. It does rain in Arizona, pack accordingly.

4. Put a travel size deodorant in your purse for the day, all the nerves may make you more stinky than usual.

5. Do not hide behind a pole when you see a huge mob of bloggers (that you recognize) walking towards you, just simply breathe and keep going with a smile. They already see you, so hiding is just plain silly.

 Megan and Amy
6. Say hi to any and all other attendees, they are there for the same reason and will not shun you nor act like you are a crazy psycho blogger that has no other "real" friends, even though you have plenty of tangible friends to choose from.

7. DO NOT leave your beloved pillow in the hotel room 6 hours away from your house. The relationship between you and your pillow will die and you will be stuck begging your husband for his. Sad, sad day.

Tomorrow, I will share my notes with you....my actual notes that I took in the seminars. You don't want to miss it.

12 comments:

Tauni said...

Oh my goodness. This may be the funniest post I've seen yet...And each comment? Sooo true!

It was such a pleasure to meet you. Hoping that we get to know each other better and that you'll be able to return next year!

xoxo
P.S. LOVE your little pouches.

Brassy Apple said...

loved your recap! so real and honest and fun to see how each attendees experience was so different from each others! :)

CalleLillyCafe said...

All so true! I love my blue & red pouch I purchased from you at the handmade market! Thank you!

Bri said...

Loved your post, girl! It was so great to meet you! Glad you guys made it home safely :)

amycornwell said...

Love you girl! Can't wait till you can make me laugh again ;)

April Kennedy said...

loved part one recap...can't wait for more. i, too, bring my beloved pillow (and shhh...blanket) with me to hotels. I would be so sad if I left it there. I can imagine your pain. i'm so sorry. can't wait to see you again in 25 days!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

aww love your recap!! So nice meeting you!! And your daughter is adorable!!

www.ladybug-blessings.com

LittleGreenThread said...

This post made me laugh, and made me wish I was listening to you talk about it in person. I miss you girls so much! I'm so glad I got to meet you, and that we are now friends forever and ever (and ever and ever!).

House of Smiths said...

hahah! I LOVE IT :) So true, and very funny!
~Shelley Smith

Sara said...

I'm so glad you had a fun time! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

You crack me up, Milkie! This post only made me miss you more!