Thursday, June 9, 2011

Birthday Bash Crafting

Thank you everyone for reading my last post and commenting. I so appreciate your feedback and it is so encouraging to know that people are reading and relating. Thank you.

Paper bag birthday banner:

Birthday banner was inspired by this blogger she did an amazing spring banner with paper bags.  I cut all my letters out with my MIL's cricut machine.  I grabbed pretty ribbon, trim and buttons and just went at it.  I sewed on the letters and sewed on most of the trim, I figured it would last longer and stay longer because this will be Kinsley's birthday banner for her life.  I will be putting it up on every birthday, maybe not her birthday parties, but in our house to celebrate. 

From Left to Right:
1. We got balloons and tied them to the little picket fence and a super awesome EZ up had a flag banner.
2. These fun things were some center pieces.  Kristen helped me make tissue pom-poms and lining baby formula containers with mod podge and fabric.  I glued the pom-poms to the tins and that was that.  A few I wrapped twine around with a number 1 tag.
3. I used my chicken wired frames to hang pictures of Kinsley all around.  I also made some paper flowers and strung those in a couple of places.

 Here is a simple table.... I loved how it looked.

 My in-laws have this amazing wooden fence in their backyard, so I used that to hang twine and cloth pin pictures of Kinsley from just born- one year old. I also sewed paper dots together and strung it in the middle. 

We set the presents under the birthday banner.  I made three flag banners and hung them all over.

I hung the other two chicken wire frames above the food table with some trip and flag banner.  Love.
Thanks for following along...

Funny story:
I was feeding Kinsley and everyone outside was watching and I completely dropped her FULL cup of ice cold water on the ground and it shot like a fire hydrant straight up my dress...UP MY DRESS. it was freezing and my family started busting up!!  I was shocked from the COLD blast up in my who-who and I didn't expect it. PS> my dress was soaking wet :)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

super cute party makes me wish i had a daughter if i decorated like that for my boys they'd kill me.
cracked up when i read about the cup of ice water. so funny. ;-)

Moriah said...

I absolutely love the way you decorated her birthday party!! So cute and so special. :)

Katherine said...

you are sooooo creative!!!! and funny!

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

LOL! That is too funny! Oh my.. what an adorable party! That banner is fabulous and such a great idea to use every year. We just had our 3 yr old little boys party this weekend. So much fun planning right? Love all of this, thanks for sharing!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Love it all! You did an amazing job!!