Like, shaking, heart-pounding...scary.
I took Kins to the Fullerton Arboretum to get pictures for her 2nd birthday that's in one month.
They have a great stream and small lake and bridges and an old house and beautiful flowers..perfect.
Our first stop was a bridge, I had her stand in the corner and face me, see the picture below.
See that big wide opening behind her....
ya...she started to scoot her booty back like she was going to sit on a railing, but no railing...
It happened so fast, I saw her squat and start to sit up, I yelled, NO, then she fell back.
I grabbed her by the legs before she fell all the way down.
She was hanging upside-down from the bridge, over the little stream.
I couldn't believe it.
I pulled her up really fast and checked her.
She didn't hit her head or her back, only the back of her knees were scratched from where I pressed them against the bridge to stop her from falling all the way down.
You can see the stream behind her, its not a far drop.
It was inches between her head and the grass bed below.
She would have dropped on her back, then probably rolled into the stream.
I couldn't believe I caught her by the legs.
She was hanging upside down.
We were both shaking and she only cried from being scared.
and there was one scratch and a little scuff.
Thank You JESUS for protecting my little girl.
I had her go across the bridge again and we went across the other bridges.
She was apprehensive but she did it.
I don't want her to be afraid of bridges.
But seriously...like whoa.... never, do I ever want that to happen again.
Here is the next picture on my camera.... just a few minutes after and doing great.
But Mama was still shaky.
Have you ever had a scary thing happen to one of your kids? I am trying to push the "terrible mom" voice out of my head and know that accidents happen and I can't protect her from everything.
Right?
Accidents happen?
I'm not a terrible mom for asking her to stand on the bridge while I take her picture?
No...
OH man, if you think I'm a terrible mom, please don't tell me, I think I might shrivel up and die. Maybe I shouldn't even post this...
8 comments:
you are so far from a bad mom! accidents totally happen. praise God for protecting your sweet girl and for your quick instincts! I remember when I locked Reese in the car in the summer. I could not hold it together once the firemen got her out. totally know about the shaking! glad she's ok :)
Oh, how scary! Nicole, you are not a bad mom at all, stuff just happens. Glad your girly is fine & safe!! :)
xoxo!
Oh my goodness! SUPER scary! But you are not a bad mom in any way, shape or form. You had no idea she'd try to back up sit down, and when you did, you tried to stop her. :) I admire that you made her go over other bridges so they saw they weren't scary. I think I would have picked up my kid and covered their eyes as we walked over every other bridge! LOL!
Praise God! We all have those scary moments as parents. So glad Kins is okay! xo
Oh wow, that is scary! And you are not a terrible mom, nothing happened! Could of happened, but you were right there. It's just like letting them play and run and then you just don't want them to fall. But they will. You were quick and caught her, and, you encouraged her to walk across other bridges to squelch that potential fear. Way to go mama!
NOT a terrible mom!!! 2 weeks ago, my sister was over, she put Nellie down in the older girls room,{I didnt think twice about it} We went to my room to get ready, then I hear a loud thump and then SCREAMS, I yelled 'STAIRS' Penelope fell down the stairs, I ran so fast, I scooped her up, looked up and the front door was wide open, {we have child cover on the door, but my nephew was here, he is eight and can open the door} no one was in the house, I yelled DOOR! My sister went running, my nephew was around the corner, Emersyn was down the street and Anberlyn was standing in the driveway!!!! I could have lost all 3 of my kids that day! My heart raced the rest of the night. I fully believe God had Penelope fall down the stairs so I would see the front door open, and that my kids were outside! I thank him that He protected them, that no one was taken, lost, that a car didnt hit them, that Penelope was just scared and there wasnt a bump, bruise or scratch on her! We have an amazing God, are you a bad mom, HEAVENS NO! are you an amazing mom who loves her little girl, who is human, who couldnt have seen that coming, absolutely! Scares are the worst! My tummy turns every time I think about it! IT will forever! We live we learn we praise our God for being oh so amazing and loving us so much to protect our children!
You are a GREAT mom. Accidents happen, but you were quick and responsive, and your follow through with bridge conquering fear was wise. I'm sorry you both had such a scare, but so glad God showed His protective hand. xoxo
I am WAY late to this.. but whoa. So scary. So glad that you caught her. And, you're right. Accidents do happen. We all have those scary moments as moms and they're never fun. But, it certainly doesn't make you a terrible mom. Just a mom! Sweet K is lucky to have you as a mama.. as is this new little bean!
Post a Comment