So, it was a wild day in my class. First, before we even get in class, no make that before we even line up to do the pledges, one of my students chips her tooth while playing a little game called tag. I guess she was running away and ran into a pole and knocked a little of her front tooth off. So, that was big news! Then during morning recess the same little girl comes to line up with an ice pack on her face. I asked what happened and she showed me her face. There was a swollen black and blue bump just under her right eye. I guess, they were playing tag again and one of the boys in our class turned to run and ran right into her face with his head. She was a trooper though, didn't cry at all, just sat there with her big brown eyes.
IF that is not enough, during afternoon recess I banned tag for the day, so two of the girls were playing on the swings, one was swinging the other was pushing. While the pusher was pushing she ran right into the pole that holds the swings up, she obviously didn't see it because she bonked the side of her head. She started crying and needed an ice pack to make sure it didn't swell. Man oh Man, we had a day today I tell you.
While we were packing up to go home, I was handing out their homework folders and I handed it to one of my boys and he said, "Thanks, Cupcake!" I looked at him, and he just looked back at me like nothing was unusal, and I said "Did you just call me cupcake?" He said "Yeah." and walked away, like it was not a problem. It was too funny for me to say anything! I had to contain myself, because if I erupt with laughter, the whole class goes bonkers and I can't get them under control for a while after...I know this from experience!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! That is a crazy day Nicole. I don't think I would have been able to hold my laughter in if a kid called me cupcake I was laughing just reading it, good self control :)
Post a Comment