Friday, October 10, 2008

Birthdays and Cheesecake and Pumpkins and Bows


It has been a long week here at the milkie casa. Daniel had his 24th birthday, he's just a baby! Yes, I am a cradle robber because I am 25. I am super grateful that he is at least 24 now, for two month we were 23 and 25, which I don't think I will ever get use to in this life time. OH and believe me, he wont let me forget it either. I made him his favorite dessert for his birthday which is Cheesecake...ummm...let me just say the easiest recipe ever!! No Bake Cheesecake! Ready for this!



No Bake Cheesecake

graham cracker crust, store bought of made with butter and graham
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 cup of heavy Cream

1 cup of powdered sugar (which i just learned that you can make by grinding up granulated sugar in the blender)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Ready. Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla up for about 1 minute, then mix in the heavy cream a little at a time. beat it all together. Spread evenly in pie crust once its all blended. Put in fridge for 2-3 hours. viola!!! Cheesecake...homemade cheesecake none the less!

We put Cherry topping on half of it to try...sooo yummy.
Then I got really adventurous and I made pumpkin scones with cream cheese drizzle. I only have a picture of those...if you are interested in the recipe email me and I will email it back. There are a lot of ingredients, but its pretty easy once you get them all put together, in a giant hard to wash bowl.


Daniel opened his presents on his birthday....I just got him clothes...boring.....but he didn't tell me what he wanted so he gets what he gets and he shouldn't throw a fit! We ate at BJ's that night...and that's when it started....SICK...I was feeling sick... a little tickle in the back of my throat and pressure in the head.



The next morning I woke up with a very fuzzy head and nasal pressure all over the place. I made it till 3:00 o'clock at work yesterday and then I went home and rested until bible study. I couldn't cancel, 1. we are just starting a new study and we are super pumped about it.... 2. I had already rearranged our normal day so I could be with Daniel on his birthday..... So I stuck it out, and then stayed home today...vegging and searching Craig's list on my phone (which I am kinda of compulsive about that now... just a phase)...


While on Craig's list...I found an ad for a craft fair/holiday boutique at Grace Lutheran Church in Anaheim. It was advertising for it and looking for other crafters to get a booth. I thought...by golly...maybe I could just do that! I still hadn't convinced myself so I called Daniel and told him about it and he said "GO FOR IT." Which made me think, if HE thinks I can do it, then I should feel the same way....so new adventure....CRAFT FAIR/HOLIDAY BOUTIQUE . There is a great blog I follow, amazing woman, and you can find it on my blog list, but its called Joy's Hope and she is doing three boutiques in the same weekend...now that is big time, high roller ... I want to start small and see how it all goes...

So ask me when it is...nevermind...its NOV. 8 from 9-3 at Grace Lutheran Church in Anaheim...check it out!






No comments: