Thursday, September 3, 2009

Do You Wear a Lanyard?











Do it yourself- Lanyard

I wear a lanyard at my job and it is black. boring.

That just wont due. So i made a pretty lanyard to display my name while I am at work.

Here is how it is done! Simple, because I sew simple. I hope you enjoy it









Cut one 2 inch by 33 in strip of your favorite fabric.
Then lay it right side down on your ironing board and fold both edges into the middle. Iron all the way down.
Fold one edge in, then fold whole thing in half. Start sewing on the edge of the opening. Doesn't matter how close you get to the edge, just makes sure it sews the sides together. Once you get to the other end, make sure you fold that end in as well.


Now, i hope i can explain this right. My lanyard has to be a tear-away type for safety. No one wants to get hurt from their lanyard. So, you need to find the middle of the strip. I wanted to put the tear away part off to the side since i was going to use Velcro, so my hair wouldn't get caught. I found the middle, then moved it so that the ends of the lanyard would rest just below my shoulder. Now put on a small key ring, and sew it there.See what i mean about sewing it together?

You are pretty much done, all you have to do is attach the Velcro on both ends. I accidentally got the stick back Velcro, and man, that stuff is sticky, if you try to sew through it, it will get on your needle...nasty. I found that just leaving it there with no other reinforcement works just fine.Also, notice in the above picture how the tear away part is off to the side. So your beautiful hair do wont get messed up from your super cute lanyard!

1 comment:

Sara said...

SO CUTE NICOLE!! :)