sometimes...most of the time...
when Kins is sleeping, i have a brain melt down with what to do.
Should i sleep? probably
sew?
clean? Nah
laundry?
rest?
I don't know what to do with this small amount of time i have to myself. there are plenty of things to do, but what should i really be putting my time towards?
Today, i paid bills... very helpful and productive.
I am taking a gamble that she will let me sleep a little tonight, by not taking a nap. And frankly, i have a hard time napping during the day. Exception: The exhaustion that was pregnancy, i could sleep any time, any where.... (including on my desk at work one morning for about 30 minutes, shhhhh....don't tell... or better yet, don't ask heather for the picture she took of me during that time.)
Kins is three weeks old today, man...the first week was very long, and the last week went pretty fast. I am excited to start taking her outside of the house. We went to lunch with my mom yesterday, and thought to myself...so this is what the outside looks like.... oh how i have missed you.
One thing these past three weeks has brought me is more time in prayer. I am praying all the time, especially while i am nursing her at night...the wee hours in the morning. We are so blessed to have her and i never want to think otherwise. I always want the Lord to know how grateful i am for this little, sometimes noisy and poopy, blessing in our lives. I am praying for all those women that are trying for a baby, I am praying for each one of my friends in a specific way, i am praying for all the areas that may cause worry in our lives... If you need prayer, leave me a comment, you can be anonymous or not, doesn't matter, but give me something to pray about while my little one is wide awake at 3 AM.
3 comments:
Try just laying down and relaxing or eat something healthy during that time. Sleep and eating healthy were always the area's I forgot most about in all of the hustle and bustle. :)
Nicole you are so sweet, and the best mommy! I am so happy you were blessed with a sweet little bun.
Casey and I are closing in on our wedding date - 36 days to go! We have a lot of stuff to do in that time period, but the biggest thing we need prayer for is that we find jobs in October. We have full time jobs for two months starting the day we get back from our honeymoon, but then what? We are so grateful that we were given these jobs, and we know God will show us where to go next on HIS timing, but all we can do is worry. Please pray we wont worry and we will fully surrender our lives to God!
Congratulations! Pete and I are happy for you. He was showing me how to subscribe to your blog in google reader. I can totally relate to this post. I spent so much time in prayer while nursing. Enjoy that special time. I just started a blog and made my first post tonight. I have continued to make jewelry and other crafts but I have not listed or relisted anything at etsy. I guess that could be a prayer request. What does God want me to do with all the things He gives me the desire to make? The kids also have a blog that we use as an open house for home schooling. If you have time to sew, I recommend doing something like skiptomylouclothing at etsy, or just buy from her. Much love...
Post a Comment