Monday, August 9, 2010

SSG Kyle Warren


I will make this brief because it's hard to talk (type) about.

a couple minutes after i posted about the Scrappy Yo Yo Headbands, i received a call from my dad, letting me know that we lost my cousin in Afghanistan. He was a Green Beret Medic in the Army. He had only been over there for two weeks and this was his 2nd deployment. His hum-v, ran over an IED (under ground bomb on the road) and he and his Captain lost their lives.

It has been a very emotional, heartbreaking and eye opening week. Emotional because I love my cousin and we grew up together, we were close and only about a year apart. Also, because he just got married last November to Sandra, who is amazing and i seriously think she made him a better man. Heartbreaking because he's gone. So tragically. So sudden. So shocking.

Yes, I knew he was being deployed.
Yes, I knew he was one of the top men there, that often did missions we didnt know about, nor could he talk about.
Yes, I knew that there was a slight chance he wouldn't come back.
But if you ever met him, you knew HE was coming back. HE was tough and strong and made the USA safer because HE was fighting over there. But all it took was a hidden roadside bomb. He didn't know it was coming, he wasn't able to fight back.

Eye opening because, THE WAR IS REAL. Our people are dying over there. They are fighting every day for their lives as well as ours. They are fighting to keep the war from coming here. In these past 9 years, the war has never had such an ugly face.

This wasn't very brief, but I am proud of my cousin, SSG Kyle Warren. I miss him. I love him. I want him back. I want Sandra to have her husband back. We don't know why people die when they do, that is not for us to know. The Lord knows how I am feeling, He knows how to comfort me and He will bring me much comfort and much peace. I have done nothing but cry out and pray for Sandra, his mom and dad, and everyone else that loved him so much.

I ask and plead for you to pray for our soldiers, for their wives that patiently wait for their safe return. Thank them whenever you can, whether you agree with the war or not. Be human and show respect and support and love to these brave men and women!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

So sorry to hear of your family's loss - so sad! As you said we don't kow why these things have to happen . . .will be praying for you and your family!