I am so sad Christmas is over.
I could do Christmas for 3 months straight without getting tired of it.
But, alas, it is over and we are enjoying all the generosity people showed us.
One thing I am especially grateful for is our family. We have great family. I have the best in-laws! Now, how many people can genuionly mean that when they say it. This girl does. They are so generous and loving. Not overbearing or intrusive. Same with my parents. They are so loving and non judgemental, its a little unbelievable.
Daniel and I's parents get along so well that we have now blended our Christmas' together. My parents join us at Daniel's parents for Christmas dinner. Its so nice not having to decided where to eat dinner and where to eat desert. We can relax and spend more time together.
I am so grateful that Christmas has become less stressed and more enjoyable. This Christmas was a little tougher than most, because we would normally visit with my cousin Kyle this time of year. He would come out and spend it with us. Leading up to Christmas I could hardly watch a movie with any military reference or read anything having to do with the armed forced without getting teary. And I completely lost it at my Aunt's house when she gave all of us calendars with Kyle's picture all over it. I just still can't believe he was killed in Afghanistan. It's still surreal.
I am so thankful today. SO blessed and so honored to have the family we have and the Lord that loves us so much.
1 comment:
So, so very sorry Nicole. Praying for the healing to come quickly and that the memory would never fade. Please thank your family for mine, we are indebted to your sacrifice. {{{HUGS}}}
Post a Comment