Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goodbye 2010...it was real...

I dont know if I have ever had such a tumoltuous year, but yet it was filled with so much joy.

I spent half of the year pregnant, throwing up, waddling and excitedly expecting our first child, a precious little girl.

Pregnancy was not easy for me or Daniel. He was such a trooper and my hero. He would get me any food I wanted at any hour. He would insist I rest, insist I carry nothing, insist on joining me at every doctors appointment. He showed me more of himself and his heart than I have ever seen before and he continues to do so with every moment he spends with KK.

This year has also brought much sorrow. My cousin, Kyle R Warren was killed in Afghanistan in July while on his second tour. We were close when we were younger and still saw each other each year while he was in the service and living on the east coast. I am still struggling. Little things will set me off. A song, a person in their military uniform, a movie, this Christmas season has all brought tears and feelings of loss. He was so young and so strong and a newly wed. All of the circumstances around his death are heartbreaking. I have a deep belief in my Lord Jesus Christ and I am leaning on His comfort and His understanding.

I have grown my love for sewing.

We have been a one car family for a whole year.

I have gone from a full time employee to a full time stay at home mom. Which also means, we have gone from two incomes to one. yikes.

The changes that have come with parenthood are endless, from the sleepless nights to the 5 minute shower time to the carrying 10 pounds of baby gear everywhere we go. Parenthood changes everything.

I have been working on New Years resolutions for my blog/etsy store and personal. I will share once they are done, I'm excited to get on it.

What was your high and low of 2010? Do share!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Beautifully said, Nicole. Mommyhood changes everything about who you are and how you live your life - so does the death of a loved one. You are a strong woman and you know who your strength comes from! You are a blessing to all who know you!