This weekend.
What's it about?
I know I will be BBQing with family, talking, eating and enjoying the CA sunshine.But, Memorial Day is not just the kick-off to summer or a day off of work, it's really about honoring and remembering those that have served in the Military.
As you know, or maybe you don't, we lost my cousin Kyle last July in Afghanastan. It was devastating to our family. We are still grieving today, and will probably continue to feel a loss for our whole lives. But, he was over there for a purpose that he truly believed in and for that I am so grateful.
Sorry the picture above is so fuzzy... from left to right, top to bottom: Kyle with his wife Sandra, Kyle on his first tour in 2009, Kyle in his army uniform, and Kyle with my other cousin Kevin--they were more like brothers then cousins.
That is me with my cousins, Kevin and Kyle...we are all close in age.We live in a very privledged country. We don't have to be afraid of many things that the rest of the world fears on a daily basis. We get to live (for the most part) in a very peaceful environment when compared to other countries. We are blessed to be US citizens.
This weekend I want to honor my cousin, and all the military personnel that have chosen to dedicate a portion of their life to serving us, our country.
Now thru Monday May 30, I will give you 15% off your entire order...that's not much but I will also be donating 10% of every order to the AnySolider.com program. This program facilitates the shipping of boxes to our military. My mother-in-law is very involved in this program and ships to her new military friends all the time. She sends them much needed items as well as items they have personally requested. She also corresponds through email and letters with many of the people she ships to. Some of these soldiers have NEVER received any mail... that is just not right!
So go check out my shop, cruise around and see if there is anything you would like to purchase. Use the code KYLE729 for 15% off your entire order till Monday, May 30.
Maybe this weekend, thank a solider or pray for them...they still need to hear from us and benefit from our prayers.

3 comments:
I was just thinking about Kyle this morning on my drive to work. I never met him but I know how much he meant to you and I started to cry! We don't remember our troops enough because it's not in front of us. Thanks for posting this reminder! Love and hugs!
-ST (yep, that's me)
This is a very heartfelt post that brought tears to my eyes, even more when read that was his wife in the picture. I am very thankful for everything our troops do for us.
I'm so sorry about your family's loss! :(
I am so thankful for all that our troops (and their families!) sacrifice for us!
Post a Comment