Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Heart

Just wanted to share a little of my heart.
This past weekend was so much fun. I was so moved by how many people came to celebrate.
After looking back on our pictures and videos, I was able to see what I look like now to everyone else.

I have not lost all of my pregnancy weight. 
There I said it.

I am still hanging on to 8 pounds.
It wavers between 8 and 9 pounds on a daily basis.
After watching myself on video, I realized that, yes, I may still have 8/9 pounds of baby weight and I may look a little more chubby and not as solid, but I am still ok. I am still my husband's bride. I am still God's daughter and I am still healthy.  I don't eat crazy, nasty food....all the time. I don't drink my calories....often. And I don't eat out too much.
Daniel, Kinsley and I on her birthday..

 Kinsley and I on Mother's Day

I will not focus on my 8/9 pounds.
I will not focus on my extra weight around my middle or my thighs, or wherever else I think looks heavier.
I will workout and eat healthy.
I will wear shorts and tank tops.
I will eat at Chick-Fila if the need arises.
I will buy cute clothes for the summer.
I will be active and outdoors often.
I will wear a bathing suit...ok, this makes me cringe a little...to be honest... AND for the record my bathing suit consists of a skirt swim bottom and tankini... 

My whole point in this rant is that even though I have this lingering weight I am still beautiful. Do I really think that I am beautiful...not all the time. Do I think that I am a hottie with a body...not really.  But I am beautiful to my Lord who made me and formed me and used my body to make Kinsley. He used me as a vessel to make the most beautiful creature, what an honor that HE would allow ME to be HER mother... so if I have to battle these 8/9 pounds for a while, I will take it and I will remember that I am still beautiful.
I will not put myself down.
I will pray and love and enjoy this precious blessing and focus my attention on praising the One who made this life possible.

If you are feeling or have ever felt this way, I encourage you to do the same. I encourage you to still eat healthy, workout, do your hair...BUT let that not be your main focus. I pray you realize what the Lord used you for when creating your child and be grateful.

As I wipe my tears...probably the first time I have cried when writing a post... I want to leave you with this... Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made
;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be."

16 comments:

jess said...

love your mama heart. xo

amycornwell said...

I love this!

TessBenson said...

Favorite chapter! Your beautiful inside and out! I love you and all that makes you...YOU! No one like it ANYYWHERE how lucky I am to be friends with the one and only. I thank you for this raw post. Its encouraging. I have an extra LOT of weight hanging around. Also I thought you looked cuteas van be at the PARTAY!!

Kelly said...

i love that psalm, it's one of my favorites. beautiful post.

Kristen said...

What a beautiful post Nicole. Perfectly said. Thank you for being so real with us and sharing your heart. Thank you for using yourself, your struggles and your ability to rise above to encourage the rest of us!

Katherine said...

First of all that 8/9 exta lbs are not at all noticable in the pics! What EVERYONE sees is your pure heart who would share such thoughts with maturity and openess. You are sooo real - I always loved that about you. Your honesty is encouraging! Thank you for being the beautiful, amazing woman you are!!!!!

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

Love this. You are gorgeous and I'd never had thought that you had ANY weight you "needed" to loose. Besides, you're a super sweet lady on the inside. xoxo

Mary Peyton Buck said...

Love this! I'm in the same boat with my baby weight and this just made my day!!

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. You are such a beautiful woman! Boy do those babies change us but how amazing a blessing. Thank you for sharing today! you are not alone. xoxo

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for being so transparent and in doing so, encouraging so many others. May you continue to share your journey and glorify Jesus with your life!

grey rose (they/them) said...

you ARE beautiful!
thanks for sharing this-such an encouragement to me <3

Jami said...

You look amazing! It sounds like we have the same bathing suit, hahaha. It's so great to put our weight in the proper perspective. Thanks for sharing ;)

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I feel this way all the time after having my 3 boys. You look amazing. I've learned to work with what I have at the moment. Those few extra pounds may or may not come off and I need to get over it! Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

oh i love this post. you a beautiful and so is your heart. thanks for the encouragement :) i'm a new follower!

karen said...

You are beautiful, girl! Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

I found you via your link up... and before I actually started reading I looked at your picture and thought, "what a pretty mama!" not "oh look, she is still carrying some weight!"... I love your honesty and think you are beautiful inside and outside! xx