Thursday, June 16, 2011

Our Day with Coco

Are you ready for this?

Daniel and I went to see Conan O'Brien on Wednesday.
I got him tickets for Father's Day.
*side note* I originally got him tickets for his birthday 2 years ago, but we just found out I was pregnant and I started feeling sick the same way, so we couldn't go because I didn't know if I could sit through the whole taping without needing to throw up...poor Daniel. 

Let me just tell you that this experience was AMAZING.  We had THE BEST time, ever.  We have been to the Jay Leno show and Conan was 10X better to us then Leno.

We got to the studio at 11:15 am.
Waited in a very nice area until 12:00.
 Daniel on his phone working while we wait for our tickets, the iphone is so handy!
The production team gave us our tickets, line number and wrist bands, then told us to come back before 3:00 PM. Guess what number we were in line....
NUMBER 3.  That's right...we were going to be the third party in line for the seating process.
Once we got our number we were free to leave.

We had lunch at Bob's Big Boy, and it was surprisingly delicious. We drove around a bit before we found it. Drove by the Hollywood Bowl, then hit a brickwall of cars, so we turned around to go the other way.
 Some random street view pictures from outside of Bob's Big Boy in Burbank...

We got back to the studio at 1:45, and waited in the car till 2:30.Took awesome side mirror pictures to pass the time. Notice Daniel napping to pass the time?

We got out and went to a super fancy port o potty... NOT BEING SARCASTIC here, it was very nice, with crown molding and chair rail... no joke!

We were lined up, then taken through Warner Brother's Studio to stage 15.

There, we got the VERY FRONT ROW!!  There was no one in front of us but the cameras.. this was awesome. We were so giddy to have those seats!
The show was great, it was so interesting to see how everything happened.

After the show we wanted to kill time, since it was so trafficy, so we went to watch the Hockey game at BJ's Restaurant and then drive home.

We made sure we enjoyed every bit of our day, we relaxed, I actually got to read a book in the car while waiting, without having to entertain a one year old...

 PS. We were on TV like 4 times...and my friend took this picture of her TV and texted me... HA!
 PPS... this is such a great picture to describe Daniel and my personalities.  I, more than likely, have my mouth wide open, just flappin away and Daniel is usually just observing and taking it all in.  Ok, but let's make sure we don't miss this, I WAS ON TV WITH MY MOUTH WIDE OPEN... REALLY? I mean, REALLY? Wide open... I couldn't be posing like a model or even a large smile?...

I highly recommend you go to the Conan show, it's FREE, Fun, and so worth spending the whole day in Burbank.

If you want an autograph, just ask, I'm generous!

6 comments:

Emily said...

So cool! I've lived here my whole life and I've never been to a taping of anything.

Polka Dot Moon said...

We LOVE Conan!! How fun :)

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

SO fun!! Bob's Big Boy is delish. We love that place. I LOVE the mouth wide open. hahahaha!! Too funny!

Sara said...

Whoa Nico, try not to let all this new found fame go to your head ok?!?!
:P

kittykerri said...

What a fun day! I think your photo is great. =)

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Oh my goodness - the picture of you on tv is amazing!!!