Monday, July 25, 2011

Bathroom Inspiration

Our master bathroom is so blah.
boring, plain, and uninteresting.
I want to spice it up a bit.
I want to bring in some soothing color that makes me feel pretty and creative.
I want to WANT to be in the bathtub we have.
I want to relax and enjoy a few peaceful moments in our bathroom.

Here are some inspiring pictures I have "pinned" on pinterest.

Let's dissect a little: Love that cobalt blue panel wall.  My husband works at a milwork where we can get crown moulding, shutters, wainscot, and anything you can think of to spruce up your home.  As I type, we have a couple boxes of wainscot in our garage waiting to be put to use. Hence the blue wall.

**The white rustic-vintage cabinet hanging up is AWESOME and would be great for a small storage space or my jewelry.
**I do love the white and cobalt blue together.
Picture source 



To me, relaxing=beach. I am in love with starfish right now. I want them everywhere.
**I love this tub because of the tile that is on the tub and ledges as well as the starfish.
**The chandelier is superb and gives such an elegant, high-end vibe.
**The rustic table next to the tub is handy and so cute.
**I also love the idea of curtains to shut you in. Not sure that could work in our bath.
All this space needs is a bit more color.
Picture source

Love the Green on the walls with the white wainscot. 
The white beams are beautiful as well as the window frames.
We don't have a window or white beams in our bath...but that color could work quite well for us. 
Picture from here.

Now let's see some bathrooms that would NEVER be ours:

I love green, but this is a NO.

Maybe for a super girly girl, but NEVER for a relaxing oasis. yuck!

Update on Aisle 1973. Carpet? I hope that's not tile on the wall! avocado toilet and sink? I dare you to do this in your house!

Do you love your bathroom?  What color is it? Give me some ideas here people!

3 comments:

ragamuffinbeauties said...

You crack me up with the NO bathrooms! I need just as much help girl!

TessBenson said...

I LOVE The pink bathroom! So fun! I also love you relaxing ones!. So fun! You should show us photos of your bathroom.

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

Yes, we need a pic of your bathroom now.. like Tess said! I love some of those bathrooms.