Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Errrr...Running?

Apparently I'm going to start running, or I have already started, a little.
Running scares me.
My heart beats so hard when I run.
I feel like I'm going to fall over and pass out.

 I feel like I can't get past that, heart pounding-this-does-not-feel-good-feeling.
AND a lot of things jiggle now.  Things didn't jiggle this much when I was playing soccer (that's right, I was also 17, duh!)
Now things jiggle a lot and it feels heavy...

I want to push through this, I want to run because it's good for my body and I will see results.
I also want to run because it's a physical release of stress and anxiety.
I will be pushing my jogging stroller and maybe listening to my jams and pounding that pavement.
I will feel a sense of accomplishment.
 I just have to push through and believe that it will get better and I will feel the positive effects.

Any advice or tips on how to stay motivated and where I might find said motivation?

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Good for you!!! I just emailed you!!

Lindsay said...

Run where there's some scenery. For awhile I was running at Tri-City and then taking Sadie to the playground afterwards. I think it's about 1 mile if you run around the lake twice. Plus, there's always tons of people there, so I feel like it's a bit safer than a neighborhood.

Unknown said...

The first 2 weeks are the hardest, by the 3 week you'll feel so much lighter on your feet.

Emily said...

Give the couch to 5k program a try. At first, I felt like I was going to die after 60 seconds, but byt the end of the program I was pounding out 3 miles like it was nothing. Even if you don't plan on running that far, it's really great at easing you into it. Good luck!