Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Brown Paper Bag Obsession

Oh hi!

Still here...still loving life with my family.

I wanted to stop in and share with you my love affair with brown paper bags...

Oh, how I love them. They are so versatile and handy. You can do so many things with them.

Here are just three little projects I have done recently with brown paper bags.

For Kinsley's birthday I made her a Happy Birthday sign that she will have with her as she grows up. I'm going to bring this out every year, a special sign just for her.

Here's what I did:  I cut out letters with my MIL's Cricut and sewed them on bags.  I then decorated with ribbon and buttons and trim. So fun and so many ways to be creative! All of the sewing I did can easily be replaced with hot gluing. 

I was also privileged to make one for my friend's daughter.  I just loved how it turned out!

For Valentine's Day I made some button earring Valentines.  I, again, used brown paper bags and pulled them apart so they lay flat.  I stuck them through the printer and it came out great! I then sewed it on some card stock and so...there you go. I also LOVE to sew paper...like LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I got the font from font101.com, it was free and super easy to download.

This last project was for a baby shower I helped host with some friends.  I used brown paper bags to make utensil holders.  This was a little more complicated.  I stuck the bags in the paper feed section of my printer and then printed directly on the bag without undoing it.  WARNING: Some did get stuck :) and It was loud. I then cut and folded and sewed...very vague..but it's simple.


There you have it.
 My adventures with brown paper bags. 

3 comments:

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

Those are all adorable! I love the birthday banner. Such a sweet idea. And dude... the utensil holders?? LOVE. You're so crafty. ;) xoxo

Patty said...

LOVE all of these!! Do you mind if I pin it to pinterest?

Kelly said...

These are all super great. I wish I could sew let alone sew paper. Go girl!