Thursday, March 10, 2011

Working on...some projects

We are busy.
I have committed to a lot of projects right now.
Projects that are fun and challenging, but take up a lot of my time.
I have realized that I have to be very mindful of what I say "yes" to from now on.
Because my first and number one priority is to serve my Lord, and He has asked me to be a wife and mother.
Any project that takes away time from doing these two things to the best of my ability need to be a "no." Even if I really want to.  Even if  it's the best thing for OliveBlue.  Even if I will really enjoy it.  I need to serve my family with all of myself.
Don't get me wrong, I am sooooo grateful for these "projects" that have come up.  I am really enjoying them.

Here is what I have been working on:
I was asked to help build a stop motion set for some how-to videos for a website.  All of the sets are being built out of fabric and different sewing notions.  So fun and SO challenging.  Thankfully, I have some wonderful ladies that I am working along side.  Without them, I would have a large bald spot from pulling my hair out.


New Cowls.
I got some killer new colors and can't wait to make them into beautiful cowls.  I love these cowls, they are sooooo versatile and an awesome accessory. 
{turquoise, mustard, blue boho, gray purple, blue, green, salmon, and white}
These will be made for the Creative Estates Handmade Market.  So thrilled beyond thrilled to have a booth at the conference.  I can't wait to go, its a dreamy, handmade vacation!

This gaudy mirror is going on our wall!
It's no longer gold.
and it will not have a glass insert.
Can't wait to share what I'm doing with this little antique gem.

4 comments:

CaseyWiegand said...

This is so sweet. Love your blog & ur shop! Xoxo

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

I've had some fun frame redos around here lately also!! Can't wit to see yours! I promise to fb you back as soon as I can! Lots of fun baby food info :)

Becky said...

Got my deliciously cute cowl in the mail today and included it on my 10 on 10 post:

http://asthenoonday.blogspot.com/2011/03/10-on-10-sick-day-edition.html

Love it! The headband is adorable, too, and my daughter couldn't be more thrilled.

CaseyWiegand said...

You're such a sweetheart to me :)! Hey, if you ever want me to feature your shop on the blog... I'd love it!!!!