Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Daniel's Trip to Chicago

Hello friends and family. This past weekend Daniel went to Chicago with some friends for a conference. I stayed home all alone. Daniel left at 4 am on Friday morning and returned on Sunday at 10 am. I was so grateful that he came home early on Sunday. He had a great time, except for the unbearably cold weather. Now, if we were to ask a Chicago native about the weather, they would more than likely say that it was warm that weekend. Daniel couldn't even talk on the phone when he was outside, his hand would get so cold that it would hurt him a good hour after his outdoor encounter. I bugged him a lot while he was away. I called and text messaged and called some more (I really missed him). I tried to stay busy. On Friday night I went to go see my old roommate Sara dance and it was amazing. She is a really gifted dancer and choreographer. Then my mom came down on Saturday and hung out with me all day. While Daniel was in Chicago, he went to the 97Th floor of the John Hancock building to have dinner. It also snowed and sheets of ice would fly off of parked cars. I guess they don't call it the windy city for nothing. Now, he is home safe and sound and I cannot tell him enough how happy that he is finally home (It was a really long two days...I promise).

Thank you to everyone who called and asked me to do things while my husband was away. I really appreciate your care and concern for me. It wasn't that bad, but I don't want to do it again for a while. Thanks again for caring!

No comments: