Monday, December 17, 2007

Olive...the other Reindeer


Did you know that there are children's books about a dog named Olive?? I didn't know until this weekend. I kept hearing people comment on her name and saying Olive the other Reindeer...I was like oh that's cute. But then, more than one person was saying it, so I didn't get it. Someone then told me about the books that are written about a girl dog named Olive.


My great friend and coworker Katherine, surprised me this morning with the book. It is the cutest book and I would love for everyone to read it.


I really needed a lift me up this morning, because last night at 11:00 pm our water heater switched onto Vacation mode and wont spit out hot water. I had to take a cold shower last night, which I was really not happy about. It was so cold and I was so tired that I started to cry. My poor husband was reading the manual trying to figure out how to get it off of that mode and back on to "super hot water." Then, Olive, my dear Olive....she woke up last night with really itchy ears and started to cry. We waited and waited, but she didn't fall back asleep, so we let her come and sleep with us in our bed....not a good idea. She loves to cuddle with your face and be as close to you as doggly possible...so Daniel and I didn't get a good nights sleep at all. I woke up with her taking up most of my pillow and her paw on my cheek. She was snoring!


This morning we got up and she didn't have itchy ears anymore...I hope that goes away and we can get back to her sleeping routine tonight....we really need a good nights rest.


Oh sweet Olive...I feel like I am a parent....but I have to remember she is just a dog...

No comments: