Monday, January 28, 2008

The Things Kids Say...

I remember saying that I would blog the funny things my first graders say to me in class, and let me just tell you, this is a daily occurrence. The kids I have are so funny in the things they say and write...they crack me up. Today, we were talking about bad weather, like hurricanes, tornado's, blizzards, floods....things like that...I was trying to get them to help me make a list and they made some great suggestions. They were all explaining how hurricanes are dangerous and how tornado's suck up cows and barns (that is what they said) and one of my boys says, Partly Cloudy is dangerous, right? I looked at him, and he was straight faced. I said how is that dangerous, he said well, I guess, you don't know for sure if the sun is going to be out all day long or not...I laughed so hard, and so did everyone else...He was cracking up too...so it was a fun joke.

Then, I was reading a book about this little girl who was going on an airplane to Hawaii and it showed a picture of her going through the x-ray machine. The kids asked, what is that? I said it checks for dangerous things that shouldn't go on an airplane, like a weapon. The kids start asking like a knife? like a gun? yes...then someone says like drugs?? I stared at her, and she said it kinda quiet, so the other kids were asking what she said...i refused to repeat it! I was shocked that she said that! Then one of the boys says...it starts with a D and ends with the gs sound...I changed the subject as fast as I could...I did not want to talk about that!

So...I will keep you updated!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, your kids are crazy! I can't believe the drug comment.