Monday, September 29, 2008

Pumpkins Please

So, this is coming up to my favorite time of year, October, November then DECEMBER!!! But I love this time of year and I am crazy about Pumpkins. For all of you who know me pretty well, you know that I grew up with the pumpkin meaning something different, but I have moved past that and no longer associate the two ( you know what I mean and stop laughing!) So here is a post to one of my favorite things in the world...pumpkins!




RECIPE for this Yummy Iced Pumpkin Cookies!



Ingredients:
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
2 cups vegetable shortening
2 cups granulated sugar
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
2 cups raisins
1 cup nuts, chopped
2/3 cup butter, softened
3 teaspoons to 4 rum extract
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
What’s Next for the Cookies:
Go ahead & preheat your oven to 350 F or 175 C.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice in medium bowl. Beat shortening and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture at low speed until combined. Stir in raisins and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Spread each cookie with frosting.
What’s Next for the Frosting:
Beat butter, rum extract and remaining vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and evaporated milk until smooth (frosting will be thin).


Isn't this a cute idea for pumpkin carving? Who need the scary ghosts and spiders or jack o lanterns when you can have a very nicely decorative autumn theme pumpkins? This would look great outside your house, but wouldn't last long, only for me any ways. My pumpkins always get moldy within two days after carving...all my hard work...


GO to a pumpkin patch and walk around...If I had a baby right now, I would put him/her in a pile of pumpkins and click my camera away. I would love to have the picture in my house all year long.
Well that is all for now, but don't think this is the last you will see of pumpkins! There will be more to come.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Pumpkin is one my favorites, too. we should make a list of all the pumpkin things we can think of . . . remember that pumpkinbutter from the Apple Farm??

Sara said...

Thanks for the pumpkin scones Milk lady! Was this the recipe you used?