Monday, December 22, 2008

Jungle Sized Spider

That's right...there was a HUGE spider in our Christmas tree stand.

We went and got a tree a week ago, then came home to stand it up and find THIS GARGANTUAN spider in the tree stand....I couldn't even look at it!!

Daniel sprayed it with Tire Cleaner..didn't work.

then WD-40....still didn't work

then Wasp-killing Raid...nope!!




Finally we filled the thing up with water, and that did it...with all the other things.

I'm sure, you're thinking, why didn't you step on it? Well, it was so big, we would have heard the crunch and then felt the squish..and neither of us had the stomach to do that.
After the whole ordeal, I thought outloud...what if this spider is a girl spider and left her babies in the christmas stand...ewww...Daniel said, there is no way anything would have survived that mix of deadly killers (tire cleaner, WD-40, Wasp-killing raid) I asked him to look in there really good and check...So he did, and said it was fine...but honestly, I want a whole new stand!!!
That was out of the question!!
So Merry Christmas and store your stand in a nice place where there are no spiders!

PS. The whole spider escapade, pooped them out!!! Olive just likes an excuse to lay with her Daddy!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ok that totally made my skin crawl. I don't think I could of gone near the stand at all after seeing that spider!

Anonymous said...

I miss southern California...especially when I think about the spiders we have locally here. We find those in our home regularly!

Diana said...

Ethan would have killed it for you... so would Victoria for that matter... not sure wshat that says... ;P