Have you seen it?
It is a great movie, not the best acting, but a really great message!! It was a small budget film that a church in Georgia put together. They had a vision and God was on their side. I would encourage you to see it at least once.
In the movie the main actor receives a book from his father called The Love Dare. Well, it's actually a book. I have it in my hot little hands!! I am also going to be reading it, and taking the 40 day journey. It's easy, just read each days message and complete the dare.

Today, the first day is about patience. The Lord has taught me a lot about patience over the years, for example: I met Daniel (my husband) and wanted to marry him at 20, but we didn't get engaged till 2 years later, I wanted a 4 month engagement, we had a 13 month engagement. I was a first grade teacher, which requires a lot of patience. I lost that job, which was one of the loves of my life and the Lord provided a new and different job, but not right away. He wanted to me to be patient and wait for His timing...
By no means am I claiming that I am a patient person...oh gosh, far from it. The verses for today are:
"He who is slow to anger has great understanding,
but he who is quick-tempered exalts folly" Proverbs 14:29
"See that no one repays another with evil for evil,
but always seek after that which is good for one another." 1 Thessalonians 5:15
The dare for today is that I am to "resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your (my) spouse at all. If the temptation arises choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret."
It's a really interesting book and I will be posting about it every once in a while or as the Lord leads.
1 comment:
Someone gave us this movie to watch and we haven't had a chance yet. I'm excited now!
Let me know how your journey goes!
Post a Comment