Saturday, March 28, 2009

Under Control

That is what i had to keep reminding myself of today. I am under control...no...think about it, five is enough...

My friend Aimee is wonderful! She told me about this fabric store in Anaheim called M & L Discount Fabrics. She told me about it a couple of times before I finally decided to head over there.

Jump on the 91 exit Knott...then left on Ball and viola.....Fabric beyond fabric....at heart-melting prices....my haven. It is incredible. The store is the size of your local CVS and is filled with fabric. Now, some fabrics are, ummmm, how can i say....elderly. But then there are the fabrics with designer names and vibrant prints at unbeatable prices. I wanted to roam the aisles all day.

I stuck to my guns, and looked for a fabric to use for ANOTHER nursing cover purchased by my lovely Aunt Nancy. (Thanks for the support :)
So I am hunting, and I come across fabric for $2.98 a yard....unbelievable. Crazy! I found fabric that is so vivacious and lovely for only $2.98 a yard.
SIDENOTE:Before leaving this morning, I had this conversation with my husband:

ME: I have to go to a fabric store to get fabric for a nursing cover, wanna come?
Daniel: Um.....sure...Do i have to?
ME: Nope, i just need to go, so I'm going to go now.
Daniel: OK, if you want you can get more than one piece of fabric.
ME: Thanks Babe!!!

OH...little did he know that I would find 40 or 50 prints that i just loved and had to have....but remember I am under control.

SO i limited myself to 5 different fabrics for $2.98 a yard....oh let me just tell you...i was ecstatic.

I called Daniel on my way home to tell him, no wait, more like shriek at a high pitched volume.
I called Jessica (my sewing friend) to tell her about this amazing store and the prices.
I called Aimee to thank her for introducing me to my newest love
I called my mom to tell her about the amazing deals and talk Sewing with her....

OHHHHHHHH and to add more sugar to my sundae, I came home to a clean LIVING ROOM!!

Who was the little cleaning fairy? My husband....not only did he allow me to purchase more than one piece of fabric, he CLEANED the living room!!!
I couldn't stop squealing....It was a really great day!!! Below are the beautiful fabrics i bought...




OH and to top it off, Daniel let me sew today before work. I made this really cute initial onsie.. its for a special little girl, that was just born and is super cute, and first name starts with a C (duh).


Can you guess who???

1 comment:

James & Aimee said...

So glad you like that store! It's where my mom and I always go when she's going to work on a project for me :) That onsie is very cute! You are so creative!