Thursday, July 23, 2009

Failure into problem solver

I attempted to make a fabric ball necklace as instructed by joys hope, but I didn't have any wooden balls, so I decided to use buttons.

Here is the process:
1. Choose at least three different fabrics.



2. Cut them into 4x17 rectangles.
3. Sew ends together



4. Now fold in half, right sides together.



6. Attach a safety pin and fold right side out!
7. Find middle and tie knot
8. Inserted different size buttons tying a knot after each one.
Tied ends together and done!

Result: a sorry excuse for a pretty fabric necklace! Ugly thing.



Moral: use wooden balls

It would be a huge tragedy if I waste all that scrumptious fabric. So I took it all apart! Seperated the knots one by one and took out the buttons.



So wrinkly, Kate would go nuts! Anyway, I ironed it out and sewed the ends closed and made it a tie belt!!!



I am SO happy with the fact that I didn't waste the yummy fabric! I know a lot of shirts I will wear this with. Oh happy day!!!

1 comment:

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

HAHAHA! The belt is so cute! Wooden beads are definitely the way to go for that pattern. :)