I saw this beautiful refashioned tank top here, and thought i would give it a try.
not too hard at all.
I chose this old, blue express long sleeve shirt i had in my give away pile.
Good thing i haven't given it away yet, I am now in love with it, and would like to change all of my long sleeves to this style. It would be a little cold in the winter, but i will sacrifice for cuteness.
I cut off the long sleeves, then i cut the sleeves open. From here i cut each sleeve in half, long ways, then sewed each end together. This gave me two long strips of blue shirt. I sewed right down the middle of each sleeve with a 4 tightness. Then i pulled one end of the thread up to help the thread make the fabric gather. This is how you ruffle the fabric.
I then pinned the ruffle around the edge of the neckline.


Then i sewed the ruffle on.
Viola!! A cute new tank top ruffle shirt.
LOVE IT!!

3 comments:
Look at how cute and creative you are! I love it!!!
PS- Did you ever see that I replied to the "how do I wash cloth diapers" question that you asked? I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. :) I put my response on the original diaper post.
xoxo
NO WAY! That can't be the same shirt!!! Tooooo Cute! BTW - Andrea puts her hair clips on the front of her tank tops - she attaches them to the front of the shoulder. I'll send you a pic - another thing to do with your cute hair clips!
This turned out sooo cute! I"m glad you liked the tutorial!
Post a Comment