Happy Mother's day to all of you mother's out there!
I am pregnant and some people think i am a mom NOW and some people think i wont be a mom till i give birth. I found it very interesting how many people gave me their opinions without solicitation.
No, i do not change my own child's diapers yet.
I do not wake up to a screaming or fussy child.
I do not see her smile or here her coos.
I do not dress her and make her cute.
I have not instructed her about Jesus as our Savior.
I do not cuddle and kiss and nuzzle her.
I do not hand her to Daddy when i need a break.
BUT...
I do feed her every day.
I do make sure she is getting her vitamins and nutrients.
I do talk, sing and laugh to her.
I do toss and turn most of the night because of her kicks.
I have overcome my fear of throwing up for her.
I have washed all her clothes, blankets and hats.
I have set up a room for her complete with love and dreams.
I have carried her with me everyday since the Lord formed her.
I have welcomed the weight gain, the dark line on my belly, the cellulite, the new shaving skills, the cravings, the nights of endless prayer.
I have connected with her and i feel a bond like i never have before.
She is controlling my life at the moment with being forced onto bed rest so she doesn't come too early.
So, its up to you what your opinion is, but my opinion is that I am a mom, a new mom, a mom with training wheels and I became a mom at her conception, just like she became a child of God at conception. Be careful what you say to others, you never know how your words may affect them. Have compassion and love in how you speak, i know you would want the same.
Happy Mother's day to all the Mom's! Pregnant ones included!
6 comments:
So true! You become a mom when your child starts living inside you...which she is!
You become a mother the minute that you find out you are pregnant.
Period-the end! :)
So glad we "found" one another! Love your blog!
Your a mommy.
You're just as much of a Mommy as I am! You're job is VERY important and she depends on you every day!
You're doing an amazing job - you're growing a baby (with God's help).
Enjoy this special Mommy time with her now - one day you'll miss the moments - her kicks in your belly, the hiccups and so on! :)
xoxo
I never understand people who do not see a mom as a mom until they give birth. You started caring for your little one before you ever took a pregnancy test. You are an awesome mommy!
P.S. this blog got me all choked up thinking about the love and devotion we as mommies give to our unborn babies.
For the record, you don't ever have to give birth to be a mommy, but there is no doubt you are a mama in God's eyes and in your eyes, and that's all that really matters. xoxo
Post a Comment