Thursday, January 6, 2011

Newness in 2011

2011 is here.
Which often times means a new start with a new year.
I was thinking about this new year and what I would like to do with it in regards to OliveBlue Blog and Shop.
Here is what I came up with

1. Honor the Lord in ALL and EVERYTHING.

2. No shame in my game.
Meaning: I am who I am. I am who the Lord has made me to be. No shame in that. I am like no other human on earth.
There is no shame in happiness, sadness, humility, and what I believe.

3. Be myself.
Simple enough but can be frightening when showcasing it to the blog world.

4. Like what I like, don't like what I don't like.
Again, very simple.. For example: I really like turquoise, and so does everyone else it seems right now. That's fine, not a big deal. I shouldn't hide in the corner if it looks like I'm jumping on a band wagon. If I like it, I LIKE IT.

5. Be real.
If I am unhappy or sad or excited or nervous or disheartened. Then share it. Don't be fluffy and unicorns and rainbows all the time. NOT REAL LIFE.

6. Share
I am going to share ideas, tips, discoveries, and favorites. I like to share my passions and hobbies with other people who enjoy the same thing. I will probably tell you how I make anything if you just ask. I will encourage you to make something yourself if you so desire.

7. I will write in the style I so desire. Whether its fragmented sentences or long paragraphs, I will write how I see fit at that time.

So those are some tidbits I wrote down in my new colorful journal. I encourage you to do the same. Write down what you really desire for your blog or for your life. It's fun, if not motivating time infinity.

4 comments:

TessBenson said...

I like this@!

Kristen said...

This all sounds great Nicole! I can't wait to see what you bring in 2011!

Katherine said...

You are an amazing person. Thanks for the challenge to follow your lead! You are a blessing to all who know you!

ragamuffinbeauties said...

Love your list!