This past Saturday was a whirlwind of a good time. Daniel and I woke up at 4:00 AM and headed down to San Diego. It was EARLY to say the least.
Here's some fun pictures of my booth:
This is my fourth Queen Bee Market and I can tell you that we have got this down! Here are some tips for being a successful vendor.
1. Set up your booth at home, complete with product placement. Don't come to a market and think you'll just figure it out. More than likely you will run out of time or feel frazzled.
2. Make friends with your neighbors. Introduce yourself and take some time to admire their hard work.
(Top left: the *new* Mini's on display. Soft and Lacy Lil' Nesters. Vintage frames. Close up on the Mini's)
3. Offer your help to the people putting on the show, other vendors, or whoever seems lost. You are there to sell your stuff, but to also network and represent your products. Do this wisely. Smile.
4. When dreaming up your booth, don't underestimate your ability or dream. Make it happen. More than likely, it's a good idea and it will go over well. But also consider those around you. Take note of how it looks on all sides, you will probably not be up against a wall.
5. Last thing I want to share with you is to love, talk, encourage other vendors. Yes, we are all showcasing our work; yes we are all having the same customers, but really, try not to compete as best as you can. Share the love for handmade openly and wholeheartedly.
(Boy and Girl Fabric Bunting. Medium Wrist Pouches.)
I am not an expert.
I only share these things from my experiences.
I love handmade and participating in Markets.
I want to encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and try it.A HUGE thank you to Mique and Jessica for always putting on a top quality show. They are really amazing and hard working ladies. Always willing to help and encourage and go above and beyond what is expected of them. I appreciate them so much. Thank you Thank you!!




4 comments:
I am so thankful for this post and your helpful tips. I'll definitely be referencing it soon! Your booth was adorable and I'm loving my wristlet.
Love every detail, you did an amazing job friend! Thanks for sharing all your wisdom!
XO Jenni
Your booth looks amazing! I love the new little nesters, and the buntings! (and the wristlets, and um - everything!!!) Great job, my friend!
You've come a long way, baby!!!!!
Remeber when we used to talk about you hoping for a hairbow order on Etsy??? Your "stuff" looks fabulous!!!!!!
Post a Comment