Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's A Hard Day


Today is a hard day.
I am pretty sure that everyone has been effected by this day in one way or another for the past 10 years.
Maybe you have family in NYC.
Maybe you knew someone that died on 9/11/01.
Maybe you know someone who is overseas fighting for our country.
Maybe you have lost someone when they were deployed.

It is devastating, the effects that we live with, even 10 years later.

I have discovered that I prefer to mourn or remember, privately.
I almost don't want to remember, only because it hurts and I cry.
As most (or not) of you know, I lost my cousin, Kyle in Afgahanstan last year.

He was fighting for our country, in a war started by the events on 9/11.
He lost his life 9 years later, in a country foreign to him.
It's harder to keep the tears at bay with a day like today.

I am utterly grateful for the men and women that serve our country.
I am so grateful to our Lord for allowing me to live in a country with so much freedom.
A day like today, does nothing but drop me to my knees in prayer. For all that have been effected by 9/11, which probably means you.

3 comments:

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

I am in tears reading your post. I didn't know that you'd lost your cousin last year. I am so sorry to hear that. Today is such a sad and somber day for everyone, especially those who've been directly effected like you have. You're in my thoughts and prayers love!!!!

ragamuffinbeauties said...

Praying for you always sweet friend! XO

sincerely jen said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin. I'll keep your family in my prayers. You're cousin is a hero, to die for our country is beyond words. I hope that through the saddness you also know he will never be forgotten :)