Thursday, January 26, 2012

14 Days of Valentine Surprises

I was cruising around Pinterest one day, and I stumbled across a lot of fun, catchy Valentines.

Then I got a brilliant idea...well, just an idea, to make one, a day for the first 14 days in February.
For who...for my husband of course. 
A small, goofy way of saying, I love you, and, I'm thinking about you....and, look at what an awesome wife you have....

I wanted to share with you and encourage you to do the same!  It might really make his day...or his 14 days.



Below you will find a shopping list and the sayings that go along with each item
You might already have some of these items at home. BONUS!
I am planning on sending these to work with him each morning, or having them on his desk when he arrives (it's easy to do this when his sisters work with him!)

Shopping list:
Popcorn
Cheeze-it's
Apple
Reese's Pieces
Gummy Bears
Crush Soda
Gold Fish Crackers or Swedish Fish
Gum
Mints
3 rolls of Rolos
Nuts
Sticky hands (I found these in the party section at Target)
Bouncy ball
Pens

Valentine Sayings: Please feel free to make up your own, some aren't that great!
Popcorn- Nothing "corny" about us, Valentine.
Cheez-it's- This might be "cheesey," but you're the one, Valentine.
Apple- You are the apple of my eye.
Reese's Piece- You melt me to pieces.
Gummy Bears- You are "beary" sweet.
Crush Soda- I have a crush on you, Valentine.
Gold Fish- I am "oh-fish-ally" asking you to be my valentine.
Gum- I chews you valentine.
Mints- We are mint to be.
3 rolls of rolos- You are the Bomb. (with this one, you should wrap the three rolos up in red paper, like its TNT)
Nuts- I go nuts over you.
Sticky Hands- I can't help it, I'm stuck on you!
Bouncy Ball- You make my heart bounce.
Pens- Valentine, we're just "write" for each other.

I bought one piece of valentine-ish paper and printed off all the sayings in really pretty fonts. Free fonts are amazing, and I downloaded them from font101.com. I also used packing tape to attach some of the cards to the goodies. It makes it look laminated! 




There you have it. 14 days. 14 Valentine treats. Have fun!



5 comments:

amycornwell said...

I love it, these are awesome!

Autumn said...

Ha! So cute ;)

Ashlee @ Growing Up A Thomas said...

Love it! Was able to find all my goodies at CVS for under $25! Can't wait!

Patty said...

I love this idea!!!!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

Katherine said...

You have always been such an encourager to remind us to appreciate our husbands and then give us clever ways to do it!! Thanks!