We have been redoing some of our home decor lately and I wanted to share it with you.
Here is something small but super helpful if you want a picture canvas but don't want to fork out the big bucks for it.
That is a little 8x10 canvas picture inside of a large frame. It makes the piece bigger and more of a focal point then it just being in a collage on the wall. I got the canvas at Canvas People and the frame is from a local thrift store.
Another idea is to find a large frame, spray paint it, then put other things inside of it on a big wall.
Example:
I got this enormous frame, sprayed it grey and hung it. The coat rack is great for storage help and the pictures were ordered from Postal Pix, its an app. It's so simple to use, you can order prints right from your iPhone. I love it.
We also got rid of some heavy curtains and added some from Ikea:
They are so sweet and let in so much light. Our main living area is on the second floor, so we don't need heavy drapes for privacy.
I have also been sewing a little here and there. I made some of these pouches, for your glasses:
I have already lost one of my lens caps, so I made this little pouch that attaches to my camera strap to hold that pesky lens cap. I love it!
And look at that little petunia! How could I every say no to her?? Well, I haven't been lately and I need to maybe tone it down a notch...or not.
3 comments:
fun decor! K is so stinkin' cute...I just wanna kiss her cheeks off!
Love the frames!
How did I just now see this? I love what you did with the canvas & the frames. Yay for finding awesome frames at thrift stores. I'm always doing that too. Those curtains are great. Kinda different, in a good way!
Post a Comment