Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm Fine

I wrote this about a month ago. We are on the mend now and feeling a lot more peaceful, but I did want to share with you. Maybe you can relate and know just how I was feeling. 

Have you ever sat among a group of friends, laughing, talking, sharing and inside you know you're hiding something.
Not necessarily hiding it.
Just not talking about it.
Keeping it in.
Maybe it's to raw
or too embarrassing or too....something.
You don't want to kill the mood
or draw all the attention or explain yourself.
So you just sit there, with a smile and participate.
Talk. Laugh. Smile. Listen.
Then it gets to you.
Someone asks how you're doing, what's new and there it is....
your opportunity to share, to express your heart.
All you can say is, I'm fine.
I'm fine.
Doing well.
Great.
Man.... you missed it.
Next person is talking.
Maybe if you started talking about it, you wont stop crying.
Ugly, open mouth, shoulders bouncing type of cry.
And in front of everyone.
And not everyone knows you all that well.


Have you ever been there?
I was there today.
I know it sounds dramatic.
And, to you, and most, this is probably not that bad.


We found out I was pregnant on Wednesday.
I started bleeding on Monday.
I was no longer pregnant on Tuesday.
Thursday we found out it was a chemical pregnancy.
Have you ever had one?
It's when you have a fertilized egg that doesn't implant.


I am grateful it wasn't a full-on miscarriage.
I am grateful it was so soon after we found out.
I am grateful we hadn't seen an ultrasound or a heartbeat and then lost the baby.


I do need to be honest though.
I am sad.
We were so thrilled to be pregnant
We started dreaming right away.
Boy or girl?
Needing to prep for the early months of sickness.
"Kins, you ready to be a big sister?"
I made her a shirt that said "Big Sis"
We told some family.
Talking on names.
Stopped drinking caffeine
or eating lunch meat.
Made a doctors appointment.
Already pulling the pregnant card.


Then boom.
stop the dreaming.
for now at least.

I know it would have been much harder to lose a baby after seeing an ultrasound or hearing a heart beat. I couldn't imagine that loss.
I'm not trying to say it's the same.
But it's still sad.

This was written right after we lost the pregnancy.
I was really sad and weepy.
We are doing better now.
I just want to be pregnant.
But we are waiting.

I also wanted to share a little of "real life" with you.
Blogs can be so cheery and happy and unicorny...but sometimes life is NOT that way.
So, things get hard and trials come, but we are still praising the Lord. 




14 comments:

jacqui said...

i love you friend. and man do i know that feeling...sitting there and faking "fine"
thanks for being real & honest. still praying for your heart.

Jenn said...

beautifully written friend. praying for you. <3!

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

Thank you for sharing! It's ok to be sad. It's ok to be weepy. And it's important to share. To process. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I know this hurt.

Krulls in Haiti said...

I like it better when people are real... so sorry for your loss, and can so relate to this pain.

TessBenson said...

Its hard friend! Not easy at all. Chemical pregnancy or not! Your allowed to be sad. Your allowed to weep! Praying for you! :o) Im so sorry you went through this, and Im sorry for your loss.

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I am SO sorry, Nicole. Praying for you!!!!

Jessica Jacobs said...

ohhh, nicole :( I'm soo sad for you, I know that feeling, It took me a long time to get over my miscarriage, my advice is to cry, the tears bring healing, especially with your husband, let him comfort you, even if he doesn't want to, and hold tight to your baby, and pray until you feel peace from God. I'm sure you've done all these things :) I will be praying for you

Jessica Jacobs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have to tell you. I felt you were struggling. I wanted so much for you to come to the Valentine's Party because I felt like you needed to be surrounded and loved by us. I'm so glad you came. I feel your pain. I've been there. It's heartbreaking. Big Hugs to you!!!

Diana said...

Nicole, I'm so sorry. It's no small loss. My heart hurts for you. Don't feel like you are making too much of it. You're not. Allow yourself to grieve. But be encouraged, when you d get pregnant again, and you hold that baby, it will make more sense. I know that sounds strange, but that little one, who is coming... is called, for "such a time," and it's just not yet. I say that as a mom who's lost two babies through miscarriage, so it's not unfeeling, but something I've learned. If not for my miscarriage before Jake, there would probably be no Jake. If not for my miscarriage after Jake, we probably never would have considered adoption, then no Ethan. "All things together for good," though it can be hard to grasp at times, it still holds true, and at just "such a time," you will too. Much love!

amycornwell said...

I'm so sorry my sweet friend! I wish I was there to listen to you and hug you. Prayers still going up for you! Love you xo

Rags to Stitches Blog said...

I'm so sorry friend. I can only imagine how heart breaking this must be for you. I'm praying for your heart. Wish I was sitting next to you so I could give you a big big hug and pray for you. Please know I'm praying for you friend and if you ever need anything, please call, text, me. Love you!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

This breaks my heart, friend. So, so incredibly sorry for your loss. Big hugs!!

sincerely jen said...

life isn't always about unicorns sometimes it kinda sucks. thank you for sharing. I will be praying for you friend. God has an amazing plan for you and your family and when the time is right he will bless you with another beautiful baby for you to love on. xoxo