Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2 Nights of Restlessness

Camp.

Winter Camp.

Every time I have been a camp counselor, I get night after night of broken sleep in the cabin.

I am not a good sleeper, unless it is in my comfy comfy king size.

Camp this winter was the same as every other camp, thankfully there was only two nights of sleeplessness.


Unfortunately it was only a weekend!

If you have yet to be a camp counselor for your church, I would recommend looking into it. It changes you.



Highlights of Winter Camp:

  • Cabins with showers and toilets



  • Seeing God's marvelous creation



  • Every event requires a long series of questions from the campers ie. why are we doing this? Where are we going? What is that? Have you seen my pants?



  • Squeezers (hugs) from loving children of God



  • Unhealthy camp food



  • Lattes (real ones)



  • Bottomless Hot Chocolate



  • Bedtime snickers



  • Light bulbs going on after a devotion, lesson, or question



  • Stuffed animals



  • Funny Face pictures



  • Snowballs flying past your head when you're least expecting it



  • Ministry Opportunities left and right

Those are just a few of the unexpected and expected things that happened during the weekend. I just love it, and I'm still tired from it...man I am getting old. I always say that "I have never been this age before." and "25 is old for me."

No comments: