Friday, July 31, 2009

Guest Blogger

In lieu of an upcoming event in my life, my mom wrote me an email.

I want to share it with all of you! It's sweet and fun.

Hi Nicole,
It's almost your birthday, 26 years ago on August 3 I gave birth to you, a beautiful little 7lb 6oz baby girl. Only 19 inches long, I said she will be short like her mommy.

I remember the day very well, in labor for 16 hours, walking the Del Amo Mall in Torrance, stopping every 5 minutes to have a contraction. The people in the mall would look at me and walk away quickly fearing they would see a baby born right there! I knew I wasn't going to delivery you there in the Mall, my water hadn't even broke yet.

I got tired of walking the mall so we went back to the hospital and walked there forever! Then in the late night getting ready to push you out, I said to Dad do you think we should have a boys name just in case she is a he! We both said "No" and went on pushing out this pink little girl with black hair! Oh yeah and I delivered without drugs!!!! Healthy with a very loud cry!!!

So Happy Birthday little miss Nicole, on Monday August 3, 1983.

Love you, Mommy

I never knew my mom said i would be short like her, and that they stopped in between pushes to talk about having a boys name, just in case. So interesting.

So Happy Birthday to me on Monday. I don't feel 26, let alone 25...i still picture and feel like 22. I hope I will feel like that for many many more years to come!!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

That is so sweet. It is always funny what we think about while in labor! Happy Birthday my friend. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday, Nicole! We've had a heck of summer which I will blog about soon. . . but it sounds like you are having a great time! Miss you!