It's good for beginners or well known seamstresses.
You could use this for business cards, gift cards, a small wallet. I use one side for business cards and one side as my wallet. I just throw it in my wrist pouch and go...
Here you go my friends, enjoy:
Make This:
Supplies:
Two 5x6 rectangles of the same fabric (this will be your outside fabric)
One 5x6 rectangle of your inner sleeve fabric, cut this in half to make 2, 3x5 pieces.
One top piece, this could be a ruffle, a strip of fabric, anything you want to decorate it.
You will also need a sewing machine...
Step 1: Take your decorative piece and zig zag the edges so they wont fray much.
(that fuzz on my foot is from all the wrist pouches I have made, I need to clean it to say the least.)
Step 2: Attach decorative piece to one of the rectangles, long ways. You can sew it on in the middle or to the side, wherever you want. I prefer the side.
Lay this piece aside.
Step 3: Grab the two smaller rectangles and fold one side in about 1/4 of an inch. Do the same on the other small rectangle. Only do one side of each small rectangle.
Step 5: Lay the decorated 5x6 rectangle on top, wrong side facing up.
Step 6: Sew along the outer edge of the "sandwich" making sure you stop about 3 inches before you get to your starting point. (you are leaving a hole to turn it right side out)
Step 8: Find that hole and turn your fabric right side out. Make sure that when you are turning it, the smaller rectangle is right side out.
Step 9: Fold in the edges of the hole and sew along the whole outside of the card holder. Start at the far edge of the hole.
DONE! YAY! Great job people! Now go make one for fun, but do not sell these. This tutorial is for personal use only...
Isn't it pretty? Some people add interfacing inside but I found that I like it a little more flexible so I can get the most business cards in while still being able to close it.
PS. If you don't sew but really want a business card holder that is SOOOO cute and fashiony and chic and fun to look at...well, just ask. I would be happy to make you one just how you like it. The one in this tutorial is actually a custom order, Ha! Contact me through my shop or email at shopoliveblue@yahoo.com. I can do these for gifts as well.
What do you think?
Linking up with Mique today!

5 comments:
Um....I don't want to make it, I just want one from you.....with a little snap! :P
I love mine from Olive Blue!
SO CUTE! I LOVE the idea of using it as a gift card holder!
Great tutorial and TFS!! Stopping by from Thirty Handmade Days.
I'm already a follower. This is what I posted on the blog hop: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/red-simplicity-cynthia-rowley-dress.html
Hey, that's the one you made for me :) I LOVE it!!! Thank you so much!
Post a Comment